The Music Room provides an outreach music programme and workshops service to crèches, pre-schools and primary schools in the Cavan, Meath and Westmeath areas.
We can offer:
- One–off Music Workshops
- Residencies or longer term tuition/programmes
The goal of our Outreach Music Programme & Workshops is to provide opportunities for music tuition and active music making that may not otherwise be available in schools or the local community. Our intention is to expand children and young people’s musical knowledge and encourage imaginative thinking, creativity, a positive self-image and confident expression. In addition to learning a new skill, music is a fantastic opportunity to develop skills like communication, team working, confidence, discipline, reasoning, numeracy, language, patience and many, many more.
We can tailor our outreach music programme & workshops to the needs of your centre or school.
Some of the activities include using:
- Simple sings to help develop a sense of pitch, language and pulse
- Puppets and props to stimulate interaction and response
- Percussion instruments and activities to develop a stronger sense of pulse and rhythm
- Musical games and activities to develop fine motor skills and coordination
If you are interested in finding out more about The Music Room Outreach Music Programme & Workshops please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.